Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Course
Our four day intensive London Core Review cardiothoracic surgery course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who want up to date material delivered by an experienced faculty of consultant surgeons.
Cardiac And Thoracic Exam Preparation
VIEW EVENT SCHEDULE
- FRCS (C-Th) examinations in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Section I & II of the intercollegiate specialty exam in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Cardiothoracic surgery board exams in the USA.
- European Board Of Thoracic And Cardiovascular Surgeons (EBTCS) exams.
Cardiothoracic Surgeons Requiring CME/CPD Credits
VISIT SCTS WEBSITE
- Accredited course by the Society For Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland.
- 4-day course attendees receive 34 hours CPD credit.
- Single day attendees receive 9 hours CPD credit.
- Course delegates receive certificates after completing mandatory feedback survey (see registration page).
Those Seeking Credible Cardiothoracic Surgery CourseVIEW VIDEO TESTIMONIALS
- Our course is based on the 25 year + running US Core Review and interactive UK cardiothoracic lectures.
- World-class faculty of cardiac and thoracic surgeons who have a passion for teaching.
- Forward thinking faculty: delegate feedback used to improve course constantly.
- Loved by course delegates from all over the world.
Those Seeking Online Video And Quiz Course
VIDEO WEB APP GUIDE
- Over 80+ adult cardiac, congenital and thoracic surgery lectures and archived online video library.
- State of the art auditorium video/audio recording.
- Interactive recorded lectures with audience participation.
- Randomized quizzes.
- Subscription available for those who can't attend course.
Surgeons Requiring Reference Course Books
- All 4-day attendees receive comprehensive course books of keynote slides covering day 1-3 lectures.
- This allows for better focus and overall absorption of course material.
- Kindly note, Course books are not available for single day attendees (non 4-day) and Qeb App subscribers.
Other Health Care Professionals - Non-Surgical Background
- Every year, delegates from all kinds of backgrounds, beyond cardiothoracic surgeons, attend our course.
- Our video testimonials include many non-surgeon delegates (see video testimonials page).
- Registration options available for healthcare professions: nurses, perfusionists, echo technicians etc.
Practicing, Training, Retired Cardiothoracic Surgeons
EVENT SPEAKER VIDEOS
- Comprehensive course for practicing cardiac and thoracic surgeons requiring up to date relevant information and current practices.
- Excellent for surgeons in training looking to speed up their knowledge.
- Ideal for retired surgeons requiring a recap of knowledge.
Course Event Sponsor VIEW CSV COMPLIANCE
- Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Course is excellent for industry sponsors.
- Well organised exhibitions with lots of interactions between between breaks.
- Sponsor promotion on website, social media and course material.
- 2020 course is 100% Ethical Medtech compliant for ethics/transparency.
World-Class Cardiothoracic Surgeons at Our 2020 Event
Over the years, the London Core Review course has been honoured to have renowned pioneering surgeons lecturing at our events. Our 2020 guest speakers lineup is no exception. This is an invaluable opportunity for attending delegates to talk directly to lecturers during the numerous tea, coffee and lunch breaks between the 80+ lectures.
View Speakers Page
Professor Gebrine El Khoury
Professor Tirone David
Professor Prakash Punjabi
2020 London Core Review Cardiothoracic Surgery Course Downloads
View Downloads Page
- Useful PDF downloads for our 2020 London Core Review course
- Archived schedules on our downloads page provide a good guide for web app subscribers.
- Our downloads page has other resources that include venue floorpan, and venue map.
Freebees For 4 day Delegates
Books, course bag, complementary pen and one year web app access.
Quality Driven Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeons Course Faculty
- Our volunteering US/UK faculty comprises of world-class consultant cardiothoracic surgeons have a passion for teaching.
- The lecturers bring their wealth of academic and practical experience thorough the cardiac and thoracic lectures delivered.
- London Core Review organisation is non profit driven and keeps registration fees minimal to make the course affordable
- Our faculty are very approachable and enjoy interactions with course delegates at our events.
Speaker Profiles & Videos
John Doty, M.D.
Mr. Aziz Momin
Mr. Alex Shipolini
Mr. John Pilling
Mr. V. Chandrasekaran
Lee McCann, M.D.
William Caine, M.D.
Rafe Connors, M.D.
Professor Brendan Madden
Mr. Shafi Mussa
David Min, M.D.
Barry Bergquist, M.D.
Mr. Simon Phillips
Mr. Rajan Sharma
We have a number of photo galleries around our website showcasing our venue split into the categories shown below. Select any option to go to the page showing the gallery.
Course Delegate video testimonials
Over the years, the London Core Review cardiothoracic course has received delegates from all over the world. We invite you to view our numerous unscripted video testimonials from past course delegate who provide their candid feedback.View Video Testimonials
Invitation Letter For Visa Applicants
While the London Core Review organisation does not directly get involved with travel visa applications for delegates travelling from abroad, we are happy to produce a PDF invitation letter which can be included as a supporting document. Please see our registration page for more information.View Registration Page
Cardiothoracic Surgery Course Video/Quiz Web App
Every 4-day delegate that attends our course will get one year access to our innovative, immersive web app that captures 80+ event lecture videos (includes archived footage from previous years) for continued learning. Randomized preview and follow-up quizzes will further aid in reinforcing learning. Our web app is feature-rich, has great navigation and fast streaming HD videos. The app is available for purchase for those who cannot attend our event and non-four day delegates.Learn About Our Web App
Our 2020 Course Venue
The London Core Review 2020 event will be held at our award winning venue, The Royal College Of Physicians. Founded in 1518, the college has a rich cultural heritage, extensive collection of rare medical books, renowned architectural features, well appointed Medicinal Garden and lots more. A link to a virtual tour feature is available on our venue page.
The World's First Throwable Microphone
Used during our interactive day 4 sessions to break the ice not the flow! See venue page for a demo video.View RCP Venue Page
Our course is based upon the well-reputed and longstanding Salt Lake City Core Review Course in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery established by Donald Doty, M.D., Editor of Kirklin's Cardiac Surgery textbook and advanced by his son John Doty. Donald Doty and John Doty's books Cardiac Surgery - Operative Techniques and Textbook of Cardiothoracic Surgery are highly reputed globally.
Donald Doty, M.D.
09 September 1937 - 26 June 2019View US Core Review
Got A Question?
Our Frequently Asked Questions page has all commonly asked questions. You can also use the contact form below, or the search icon on the navigation menu.Frequently Asked Questions